Sunday, April 7, 2013

Greatest Good?

For the past few days I've been criticized by some folks for some of my positions.  I spend hours every day researching and finding information to make sure I know as much as I can about a decision I'll have to make but in the end I find a certain guiding principle very helpful:


"...where conflicting interests must be reconciled the question will always be
decided from the standpoint of the greatest good of the greatest number in the long run."     James Wilson, Agriculture Sec'y.  Letter to the first forester, Gifford Pinchot, dated 1 Feb 1905



Here's a link to the full letter.  It's actually a great read and quick.

http://www.foresthistory.org/ASPNET/Policy/Agency_Organization/Wilson_letter.pdf
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I feel strongly about it and love to reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details am also book mark your blog. Hire a Yacht in Dubai

    ReplyDelete